Next New


I would suggest to create a new social media that would be called “My Hood”. The idea is to connect people that live in the same area together, and share information about the different facilities that area has to offer. Part of the steps of creating a profile there will be an option of “search distance”. The search distance will be from 1 mile to 200+ miles and the user could decide how to filter it. Once one sets the search distance he/she will automatically connect to the people in that radius. Meaning the social media will be location base and not the regular way where one needs to search for people in order to connect. Once one is connected to their hood page they could start to contribute and see all posts that other published on the page. Users could post any information about the area that could be useful for another user such as; new restaurants, clothing shop is having a good sale, bar burned down (happened a few months ago in my neighborhood) and more. Moreover, users will be able to asks questions or suggestions from their hood page like; good Italian restaurant, free things to do in the area, supermarket with the best variety of food and more. Plus, friendships might also be created since the users will be located nearby one another.      

Comments

  1. Carrine this is a great idea! I love living in a place were it is community oriented, I used to work at a bakery and that's how I was able to keep track of the neighborhood events and what not. But I am sure when you don't have that its hard to find out this information. I love this idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This idea sounds great! It remind me of the way blogs started out or even Wikis. I think this will allow individuals to stay together as a community and work together to do better things for their neighborhood. I think it hit the idea of social media which is to connect people and let them share their information.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Creativity and New Media

HW Creativity